Wednesday 26 December 2012

Slicing and Dicing (part 2)

It's taken me a few tries. 
Longer than most, so I'm told. But being overly cautious, I've had no major cuts (phew) while learning to slice and dice my way through preparing dinner. Granted if someone wants to eat in 30mins, I can assure you I'm not the one preparing anything. Bahahaha!

Here's some photos to help you out. Just in case you want to impress your friends with Pretty Dishes. Not that you'll admit it, but Guys... It's very easy to impress the ladies like this. Just make sure you practise a few times first. You don't want to end up presenting your little evening for two with a handful of plasters!

 
Take your time. Use the smaller end of the knife. You'll have better control. Take off the first layer, cause it's not really needed. Chefs tend to like everything uniform, so it's usually the part that goes.

With Peppers, You can actually do this like taking off layers. They slice off like little sheets. Plus, it'll remove the pith (that's the inside of the pepper). You don't have to use them if you don't want.

Not to sound like some random Chef's Programme (... No. No Names.) but slice up your sheets into neat little fingers. I always find this is the easy part (the next bit I find tricky still, but Rob would probably laugh at me for saying that)

Now for some Zen. Line up the strips. Hold them gentle, and dice. Although, it sounds good in theory, they can be slippery to hold as a bunch after half way. Yes, that's me, the Amateur talking. 


So you got lovely little neat cubes of peppers. These were done for a cous cous, or corn fritters... Can't remember. 

Hmmm. Corn Fritters.
I'll go there next time peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment